Maple- and Tangerine-Glazed Carrots
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 1/4 cups fresh tangerine juice
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 2 1/2 pounds large carrots (about 12), peeled, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick ovals (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 large tangerine, seeded
Combine first 5 ingredients in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Boil until sauce thickens and coats spoon thickly and is reduced to 2/3 cup, whisking occasionally, about 8 minutes.
Steam carrots until just crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Mix carrots and cayenne pepper into sauce. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Simmer carrots in sauce over medium heat until heated through and sauce reduces to thick glaze, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. Squeeze juice from tangerine half over. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.