Miso-Marinated Salmon with Cucumber-Daikon Relish
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1/4 cup white miso (fermented soybean paste)*
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)*
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 6 6-ounce Alaskan salmon fillets, with skin
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Cucumber-Daikon Relish (click for recipe)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 8x8-inch sheet dried nori*, cut with scissors into matchstick-size strips
Whisk first 6 ingredients in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish to blend for marinade. Add salmon; turn to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
Preheat broiler. Line heavy large baking sheet with foil; spray with nonstick spray. Remove salmon fillets from miso marinade; using rubber spatula, scrape off excess marinade. Arrange salmon, skin side up, on prepared baking sheet. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat source until skin is crisp, about 2 minutes. Using metal spatula, turn salmon over. Broil until salmon is just cooked through and golden brown on top, about 4 minutes.
Transfer salmon to plates, skin side down. Spoon Cucumber Relish over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, then sprouts and nori. Serve immediately.